The London Group March networking event takes a look at what’s involved in selling or buying a business or raising some equity, with key insights from recent deals.
Join us on Wednesday 29th March 2017- 6:30 pm
Seats are limited
Selling or Buying a Business with Special guest speakers:
- Peter Kroeger: Mergers and Acquisitions Partner at KLO Partners
- Mitesh Patel: CEO and Founder of Fifosys Ltd, an IT Managed Services Business and software developer for Engage
Whether you want to sell your business tomorrow or one-day, or you are looking to buy a business as part of your growth strategy, or you have a client who wishes to sell their business or acquire a business, or raise equity funding – this will be a fascinating and illuminating event.
- You will pick up tips to help you figure out where the snakes and ladders are when you are involved in preparing for the sale of a business.
- Discover what tricky issues Peter Kroeger faced when selling three businesses and how they were eventually solved. All were an unexpected game of snakes and ladders, but could the snakes have been avoided?
- Hear first-hand how Mitesh Patel dealt with the issues he faced when he acquired Octavia Information Systems, what happened after the acquisition and what he learnt from it.
- Find out about “big law firm” investigatory procedures and just what it takes to get an investment finalised.
Mitesh and Peter will also discuss the demerger and funding of Engage and how a minority stake of equity in that company was sold by Mitesh and what Peter had to do to get that deal closed. (Read a biographical summary for our speakers below the other programme details.)
Business 2 Business
An open slot for attendees to outline business opportunities.
Three minute elevator pitches
A chance to pitch your business and/or introduce yourself – only five slots per meeting – reserve one via our event listing.
Wine and refreshments
Come early at 6 pm to network over a complimentary glass of wine in the Boardroom on the lower deck (see venue details below) – sponsored by Linda Eziquiel R&D Tax Credits Specialist – light refreshments will be served after the main programme.
This event is open to all – invite your colleagues, clients and partners.
If you are planning to join us on 29th March 2017, please take a moment to reserve your seat as space is limited.
More information on our guest speakers:-
Peter has been advising and working with Mitesh for eight years.
Mitesh founded Fifosys at University when he was finishing a Masters in Computer Science. He has grown it to a successful and profitable IT Managed Services business with a focus on Backup and Disaster Recovery. Along the way he spawned a software business, now called Engage Property Technology (and Fifosys spent £1.2m getting this product to fruition) which addresses the property rental sector.
Peter has been a partner in Price Waterhouse; a founder-owner of a software business; run a support services business; and, for nearly 15 years, has been an advisor on mergers and acquisitions and getting a business into the right shape to raise money, make an acquisition or sell. Peter is a Fellow of the Institute for Independent Business and a member of UK Business Advisors in London and the Home Counties. Peter is a founding principal of KLO Partners.
All are welcome
Your first attendance is free!
Your second attendance is also free if you bring a guest!
Regular attendees – pay £15 per meeting (payable on the door)
Or just £100 to subscribe for a year (10 meetings)
Contact Linda Eziquiel for more information on membership.
The London Group meets monthly, usually on the last Wednesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the boardroom below decks on board the Hispaniola on the river Thames. Embankment is the nearest tube, exit riverside, cross the road, turn right and go under the bridge and it’s the first ship. From Waterloo it is a pleasant walk over the Hungerford Bridge. http://hispaniola.co.uk/location/.